THE HISTORY OF THE MUSEUM
The Sogn og Fjordane Kunstmuseum was established in 2000 as an extension of the former County Art Gallery. In 2004 it was organised as a foundation by the county administration of Sogn og Fjordane, the artist’s organisations in Sogn og Fjordane, and the municipalities of Førde, Jølster, Hornindal and Lærdal.
Since 2009 the Museum has been part of the Foundation for the Museums in Sogn og Fjordane. The activities of the Museum are funded by subsidies from national, county and local authorities as well as by the Museum’s own revenues.
DIVISIONS OF THE SOGN OG FJORDANE MUSEUM OF FINE ART
- Sogn og Fjordane Kunstmuseum in Førde (opened in 2012, extension of the County Art Gallery, founded in 1987, and Sogn og Fjordane Art Centre, opened in 1983)
- Astruptunet (opened in 1986)
- Eikaasgalleriet in Jølster (opened in 1994)
- Sogn Kunstsenter (opened in 2011, formerly the Gjesme Gallery, which opened in 1998)
From 2004 until 2020, SFKM also had the responsibility for Anders Svor Museum in Hornindal (opened in 1953).
The museum participates in a national network for art promotion and is involved in several collaborations with other players in the arts and culture sector.
The museum has the responsibility for approx. 4000 artworks dating from 1900 up till today. Altogether around 12 000 people visit our five locations every year.
THE FOUNDATION FOR THE MUSEUMS IN SOGN OG FJORDANE
Board Chair: Ivar Kvaalen
Director: Kjartan Aa berge
Tel. +47 41446439, email: email@example.com
Address: Gota 16, 6823 Sandane, Norway
Business register number: 994 179 136
For more information about the Foundation for the Museums in Sogn og Fjordane, see www.misf.no